Friday, July 6

every moment

Today I look around and my breath catches in my throat. Blessed. Beyond blessed. Some days seem mundane and others magnificent, but through it all I have the chance to say yes to all He gives. To say thank you for the good and the bad, the mundane and magnificent, because I've learned that a heart turned toward Him is the only way to live full of joy.

But life gets busy, it gets so fast and so full, that at the end of the day it can just feel empty. Some days, I forget to remember that every moment I can live here on my knees with hands raised. . .  if I would just choose to see it.

We wait, expectant, for all He is doing and then it hits me, this is it, this is life to the fullest. He is in the smallest of moments, the moments that pass too soon. I see Him in the smiles of those around me, in the silent mornings and in the late nights, in the laughter and in the friendships that are growing. There isn't a moment that doesn't overflow with His love. Right now I breathe deep and bend knees and raise hands high, choosing not to miss these moments.

Seeing them has not always been easy; but it's because of the hard seasons and deep lessons before, that today is a little easier.

“I know deep in my spirit that the hard seasons don't minimize Him but in fact magnify His goodness. Here is where I learn to know Him more.”

I want to see Him more. I don't want to miss the moments He gives, they are far too precious to miss.

There is a new season ahead of me, a season of growing in God and learning what it fully means to follow after my Father. The anticipation towards it is stirring inside of me; ready for whatever God has in store. 

Again I thank Him for how blessed I am. 

That’s what we are standing under here; His blessings. The grace moments each day and the God-ordained opportunities, He sends them in His perfect timing.  Yet tomorrow, or next week, or even ten minutes from now I could forget to count each moment as holy. I will forget to count the struggles and the heartache as grace moments, and just the same I might even forget to count them in the midst of joyful laughter and contentment. Yet with each day, the more I thank Him for the gifts that He gives, the easier it becomes to see them, even despite the ever shifting circumstances around me.

Every morning, before the daily life begins . . . before I set my feet on the ground beneath, I know I have to pray. . . I have to choose to remember to see the grace moments that He gives.

No comments: