Monday, April 16

what if . . .

I love it when God knows exactly what I need, even when I don’t . . . even when I don’t recognize that there is a need, He knows.  And as He shows me, I come to find out that there was a need inside of me all along. Often times its just that I don’t recognize it. Yet, when He begins to reveal it, it’s a beautiful moment.

It’s a moment filled with such candor, yet, is there still part of me, amidst my own flesh, that feels discomfort towards the challenge, towards the task, towards the truth that He is revealing to me?
I realized that I was letting the what ifs overshadow the truth that God was revealing to me during that moment. I was letting fear get in the way of God doing something great, and it hit me hard. I was holding onto my own weaknesses as if they were more important than God was at that moment.

what if
How could I even think those two words at such a time?

Earlier I came across this article, and as I read through it I felt as if I had written every word of it myself. I could relate to what the author was writing about. . . I was overwhelmed with a sense of comfort and of disbelief. As I finished the article I read,
And so I find comfort in that: in learning to trust God a little more each day. Maybe it will always be a fight for me, a fight to keep the anxiety back, but the point is, I can fight it. I don’t have to let it consume me. And that is what God calls me to do each day: trust more, fear less. And I am on that journey.
I sigh optimistically, knowing I am on that journey too, but knowing full well that it is possible.
a b s o l u t e l y   p o s s i b l e

No comments: